Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Rachel wrote...

I just had the most amazing phone call. It was from the rabbi of the chabad house. Most friday nights I go to the service there. I've made nice connections there. Well about an hr ago I get a phone call from the rabbi and there are some open spots in the New Orleans trip. He asked if I would like to go. I hadn't heard about the trip. Well a bunch of students are going to New Orleans for a week over break to help clean up from Katrina. It will be like a habitat for humanity thing. All I'd have to pay for is the plane ride down there, everything else is taken care of.

So I called my dad and he was all for it but he's going to confirm it with my mom first.
I'm so excited. I talk a lot about how Americans don't do enough and we only throw money at problems or we only help when the crisis initially happens. And I am getting an opportunity to do something!

No comments: