Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2005

unreasoning hate can be countered by unreasoning love

glenniew - Today ...

Sep. 11th, 2005


09:01 pm - Today ...

Previous Entry Add to Memories Next Entry

We said a prayer for the souls of those who died this day in 2001. Sometimes the lessons and the Gospel come together, and this time it was all about forgiveness. Forgiveness is truly difficult, in fact seems almost irrelevant, in the face of such unreasoning hate as drove those fanatics. I pity them. It seems that Chabad's rabbi said something more to the point: that unreasoning hate can be countered by unreasoning love, the willingness to give whatever I can, whenever I can, and the message included the phrase "give until it hurts." I have tried, not always well, to live by this ever since. It is the message which above so many others spoke to me most clearly.

After lunch I dashed home to get the Marian poem in first & second drafts and took it to Algoma Writers Group. We worked out some problems and the piece now looks pretty good, and is in the same meter as the Latin original.

Came home, had supper, read for a while. U Charles called about my visit in Nov. and told me they're getting an extra ticket to the Kennedy Center so I can go to a concert with them. Sibelius, yum!

Tomorrow is a meeting in Algoma about their Christmas Walk, and the group reading by AWG. After that, stop by Old Towne to see how Jim and Karen got their card-printing set up.


Current Music: Crickets? Tinnitus? Hard to tell

No comments: