Followers

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Jews Of Framingham, MA

The Jews Of Framingham, MA
Posted 9/21/2005
By George (Yosef Modechai) Gati
In June of last year, my wife and I were invited to an evening bris at the Park East Synagogue in Manhattan. It had been raining all day. When I arrived, I had to walk up a flight of stairs and then down again to check my coat. I slipped down the remaining five steps and was hurt. My wife and several people had to pick me up.

I thought to myself that something good will come from this event. The bris was held in the beautiful synagogue upstairs and the reception followed downstairs in the ballroom. I met a young Lubavitcher from Chestnut Hill, MA who has a Chabad house there and gave him my business card and told him to e-mail me, so we could share a Dvar Torah. Even though I was in pain, I stayed to the end of this wonderful bris, where we met many friends.

Several days later back at the office, I got a call from a customer in Framingham, MA who asked me to send her samples from the Girls� Knitwear Collection. I started to do a nice amount of business with her store. Again, the buyer asked for more samples, so I sent them to the address in Framingham, Massachusetts. This kept going on for about three months. I could not believe the huge business I was doing at this address, 770 _______Street in Framingham, MA, which is the famous Lubavitchers` number, �770.``

On Rosh Hashana morning that September, I was in shul and I asked Hashem what I could do to help our fellow Jews in Framingham, MA. I felt I had to do something. The next Monday morning at around 11:30 a.m., this young Lubavitcher from Chestnut Hill, MA called me. �Wow!� Here was my answer. I asked him, �How far are you from Framingham, MA?� He said, �20 minutes away.`` I then asked him for his bank account number in New York. As soon as I hung up the phone, I ran to make a generous deposit in his account. There are about 80 Jews living in Framingham, MA and I am sure this young Lubavitcher will reach out to them and bring them closer to yiddishkeit.

May we all continue to learn Torah and perform mitzvoth until the arrival of Moshiach Tzidkeinu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow so inspiring, i hope you feel better now keep up the good work we need more pepole like you