Followers

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Quiet of the soul

Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Subject: Quiet of the soul
Time: 1:41:00 AM EDT
Author: redsneakz Yes, Delete Entry


Spent the night with Chabad again, this time learning a little bit from the Tanya, which is the seminal work of the Lubavitch movement. What I learned isn't really important, though - it was, as many Jewish books can be, intensely intellectual and spiritual at the same time. After we were done, I came out to the real world, and started my car. Of course, I had the radio on to the local jazz station, but the noise was jarring. I drove back to the house in silence, not in a meditative or even contemplative mood, but just feeling different, quieter...


Written by redsneakz . (Link to this entry)
This entry has 3 comments: (Add your own)

For some reason this was my first thought as a response (see below). Since I did not come up with anything else, I will share it with you. Of course, the roles are reversed.

“I am afraid I interrupt your solitary ramble, my dear sister?” said he, as he joined her.

“You certainly do,” she replied with a smile; “but it does not follow that the interruption must be unwelcome.”
--Pride and Prejudice, conversation between Eliza Bennett and Mr. Wickham.

Comment from chasingmoksha - 8/10/05 6:17 PM

............
Comment from jouell3935 - 8/10/05 1:40 PM

Quiet is a beautiful reprieve sometimes........
Rebecca
http://journals.aol.com/justaname4me2/InTheShadowOfTheIris/
Comment from justaname4me2 - 8/10/05 12:13 PM

< A complaint, for

No comments: