Followers

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Inspiration .. a Live Journaler

from

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=276700

"Humility is the silent partner of endurance. Its strength is in its silence. Its splendor in its repose. Humility leads to yielding, which is an essential element of Humility - and the resulting yielding - should not be confused with weakness and lack of self-esteem.

Humility is modesty; it is acknowledgement (from the root "hoda'ah"). It is saying "thank you" to G-d. It is clearly recognizing your qualities and strengths and acknowledging that they are not your own; they were given to you by G-d for a higher purpose than just satisfying your own needs. Humility is modesty; it is recognizing how small you are which allows you to realize how large you can become. And that makes humility so formidable."

--notes to self--

after receiving two of the most amazing compliments i've ever received in my life so far
may i choose to remember the kind words
and imprint them with humility.

may i learn from my mistakes, and forgive myself for past wrongs
even if those wronged are determined to hold grudges.

i release all dark thoughts about myself
my chosen path
my ability to fulfil commitments
and my future here on the sunshine coast.

i accept with humility
my gifts and my talents
and above all
my natural connection with children.

thanks to my dear friends at terra g. for providing sanctuary,
to sobey for praying with me last night as i raged in nightmare hell,
and matias for the grounding energy and for sharing dreamspace.

thanks to the beautiful beings who complimented me so genuinely today
that i almost felt the sunshine come on through the rain.

blessed blessed be.

No comments: