Followers

Monday, October 16, 2006

An Essay by Bob Glickstien

I came across a thought provoking essay entitled "Us and Them".

Although my practice is to archive all my stories in full, this author has requested that his article not be re-published with the full text. Please follow the link provided and read up.

Thank you.

Here is an excerpt:

A short time ago I went to get some lunch at the Palo Alto Mollie StoneÂ’s, a supermarket that happens to draw many neighborhood Jews because they stock plenty of Jewish products (like challah bread, yahrzeit candles, and matzo meal), or perhaps they stock plenty of Jewish products because they draw many neighborhood Jews.

Outside the supermarket, a Chabad Jew stood in his recognizable black suit and fedora with a lulav (a bundle of branches) and an etrog (citron). As I passed to enter the store he asked if IÂ’m Jewish...


No comments: