Followers

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Pam and Mike in Houston

Pam and Mike in Houston: "The Chabad Rebbe came in today and blew the shofar for all of us. It was really nice to have a private shofar blowing just for our immediate family - - Me, Pam, Jody and Amy.

One of the things I noticed during our visits to MD Anderson clinic [before checking in] is that there are signs all over the place saying that no matter what your native language is, there is an Anderson person who can speak in your native language. For a while I thought that was an overstatement. The longer I'm here and the more doctors and nurses I meet I'm convinced this is a mini united nations. Doctors and nurses from all over the world, speaking every dialect you can imagine.

This hospital doesn't take a wait and see approach with any infection. Because the patients have surpressed immune systems, you can't let something get going or they may not be able to stop it"

No comments: